E-commerce has been playing a greater role in a fast and growing online market. As start-ups continue to explore options outside the realms of a brick and mortar store, the online competition is also increasing every day. The fact that customers are getting more and more demanding also adds to the reasons why online businesses should follow a definite marketing strategy to guarantee their success.
Here are four tips that will help every online e-commerce business make a mark:
1. Optimize Your Website for Users
Website optimization involves refining certain page elements to make it more visible and attractive to the end users – the customers. To understand the website optimization, I recommend reading the official Google SEO guide which explains each and every aspect of onsite optimization in detail. Here are some key points you should consider while optimizing the website:
- Use proper “Meta Tags” – Meta Titles and Meta Descriptions appear to be the first information that a visitor finds about a website in the search engine results pages. Users are keen to get a brief of what they are looking for in the first instance. Using proper Meta titles and descriptions boost your chances of getting visited. Here the key point is – do not overuse the keyword in meta tags and add calls to action related to your landing page.
- Proper landing page optimization – Optimizing the landing page helps you to generate more leads and revenue and can also help you to achieve better organic search rankings. I recommend using online tools like Unbounce that helps you to test different variants of pages.
- Proper product title and descriptions – Once a visitor enters your website, he should be given detailed information about the product/service he is interested in. I strongly recommend not to copy and paste the information from the vendor. The fresh information can lead to better search engine visibility.
- Related images and videos – Images and videos strengthen the selling point of a product, compensating for the experience one would have had in a real store.
- Simple UI and payment process – Modern users are looking for convenience more than anything else. This demand is met by providing an easy shopping user interface which involves easier product search, payment and checkout process. Here it is strongly recommended securing your website with SSL certificates.
- Don’t confuse customers – The last thing that E-Commerce store owners would want to risk is confusing customers with fake products and wrong descriptions.
- Helping with related search – Showing related products provides more alternatives to the customers and more reasons to stay put in the site and not look to shift to other websites.
2. Turn Visitors into Buyers
It’s one thing to be able to attract sufficient traffic into your E-Commerce website and another to be able to make enough sales. It takes more than a highly optimized and well maintained website to generate the expected revenues. One can also use helpful tools to improve E-Commerce website. Modern customers look for many additional advantages and are attracted by unique means of communications. This includes:
- Social media engagement: Building up a social relation with the customer
- Online marketing: This may take up several forms like social marketing, discount promotions, events, video advertisements, etc.
- Advertisements through Google Adwords and Bing Ads: Enhancing your chances of search engine success
- Offers and discounts: Presents an extra reason to customers to be interested in your product
- Fast delivery: Meeting delivery promises ensures that the customer will come back for more
- Affiliate programs: Ensure customer loyalty to the brand
3. Add Images, Videos & Reviews
Product images and videos compensate for the first hand experience we had with traditional stores. Reviews on the other hand help people get more comfortable with products, knowing that they have been brought and used by others. One can find HD images from online retailers or download Creative Commons Images (Free license images) from various platforms. E-Commerce businesses should have proper:
- Product images: possibly HD images showing greater detail about the product
- Videos: providing a virtual experience of using the product
- Reviews: asking previous customers for reviews such that it can help future buyers
- Product specifications: the modern customer is driven by details and this needs to be included with every product
4. Set proper terms & conditions
Terms and conditions of a purchase are crucial to every E-Commerce store: this should include things like:
- Product delivery details: ensuring that the product can be delivered to the address
- Refund policy: Refund policies help with accidental issues and meets customer dissatisfaction with perceived and real experience with the product
- Legal terms: A legal seal increases the credibility of a business and helps the confidence of the buyer
- Other criteria: Strict and well defined criteria for buyers and sellers make sure there are no issues later