PayPal has optimized the checkout experience with an exciting improvement to payment flow.
For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases. The checkout is more convenient, resulting in more completed sales and satisfied customers.
You can set up guest checkout for Standard or Express Checkout.
To enable guest checkout in PayPal:
- Sign in to your PayPal account
- Click the Profile icon at the top right.
- Click Profile and settings.
- Click My Selling Tools or My Selling Preferences under My Profile on the left.
- Note: This button might differ depending on your PayPal account.
- Click Update next to Website Preferences.
- Select On under PayPal Account Optional.
- Click Save.
- If you are unable to see this setting in your PayPal account, please contact your local PayPal organization and ask them to enable it for you.
- When the “account optional” feature is turned on, customers don’t need a PayPal account. They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterward. Customers with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.
- This feature is available for Buy Now buttons, Donations, shopping carts and invoices. It is not availabe if you are using Express Checkout.
- Please note that if both the “auto return” and “account optional” features are turned on, customers who don’t log in to PayPal can choose to go back to your website after checkout, but are not returned automatically.
If your customers are unable to use the Guest Checkout option, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect email address: Your customer entered an incorrect email address or an email address that PayPal was unable to verify.
- Location is not supported: The ability to allow customers to pay via PayPal through guest checkout is determined by your local PayPal organization’s security and risk management policies.
- Fraud prevention measures: PayPal has fraud prevention measures in effect for all transactions and therefore, in some cases, PayPal might prevent a customer from using the guest checkout if they feel that the transaction poses a certain risk.
For more detail click here to checkout PayPal article